Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Sketchup renders with RenderIn


RenderIn is a great plugin for Sketchup. It's cheap, has a modo-like preview window and it works with the free version of Sketchup.

I was trying to create some light setups to render props. Because Sketchup shadow system is built around the sun as its light source, I needed to create a shadow-box environment to block out the sun. I literally created a big box with a lid on it and placed my model, lights and camera inside the box to render.

I was referencing Ben Procter's Avatar and Transformers work for my light setups. I love his stuff and I hope to meet him one day. These cylindar renders are a complete ripoff of a prop Ben created for Transformers. I wanted to copy his prop to see how close I could get to his work.





No comments:

Post a Comment